THE HASHTAG HALLOWEEN CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
- Contest Period: The Samko and Miko Toy Warehouse Hashtag Halloween Contest (the “Contest”) begins on October 15, 2019 at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time and ends on November 4, 2019 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligibility: The Contest is open only to individuals who: (i) have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry; and (ii) reside in Canada at the date of entry; except employees, representatives or agents of Samko and Miko Toy Warehouse (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, its subsidiaries, its agents, its representatives, and any other individual(s), entity or entities involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively with the Sponsor, the “Contest Parties”), and any immediate family members of any of the Contest Parties or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related or not). For the purposes of these Official Rules, “immediate family members” means parents, siblings and spouses. This Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial/Territorial and Municipal Laws and Regulations.
- Entry Method: Enter by posting a recent photo of your child or children in costume(s) on your own Instagram page and hashtag #SamkoMikoToys. A total of one (1) eligible entries will be selected by random draw as the eligible prize winners (the “Prize Winners”).
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE OR OTHERWISE IMPACT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Prize: There is one (1) Halloween Contest Prize (the “Prize”) available to be won during the Contest Period. The Prize will be awarded to 1 Prize Winner. The Prize consists of one a (1) $100 CAD in-store or online shopping credit applied at checkout.
Winner has until December 22, 2019 to claim and redeem prize.
Release of Liability, Indemnity: By entering The Contest, the confirmed Prize Winner: (a) agree to remise, release and forever discharge the Contest Sponsor, their respective parent and affiliated companies, any and all other companies associated with the Contest (including prize suppliers and suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest), and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, debts, dues, accounts, claims, damages or liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including, without limitation, costs or losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, and rights of publicity, personality, privacy and/or intellectual property (each, a “Claim”) arising out of, or in any way related to, your participation in the Contest and/or the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any Contest prize (or any portion thereof), or any travel or activity that is related to the receipt or use of any Contest prize; and (b) agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees from and against any and all Claims arising from (i) your breach of these Official Rules, including the breach of any representations or warranties contained herein, (ii) your participation in the Contest, (iii) your acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any Contest prize (or any portion thereof), if applicable, or (iv) the use of any Entry Material in accordance with the rights granted in these Official Rules.
Consent to Publicity: By accepting The Contest prize, if applicable, the confirmed Prize Winner authorize the Contest Sponsor and each of their respective licensees, successors, assigns, agents, representatives and employees the right, licence and permission to record, photograph and/or otherwise capture or document you and/or your likeness, including without limitation your voice and any statements you may make regarding the Contest prize, by any available means, and to use any such recordings, photographs or documents, as well as your image and/or likeness appearing therein, and your biographical information, including your name, city and province/territory of residence, throughout the world and in perpetuity, in all manner and media, whether now known or hereafter devised, for advertising or promotional purposes relating to the Contest (or any substantially similar contest), without limitation and without compensation or additional consideration, notification, or permission of any kind, unless prohibited by law; and you waive any rights that you may have or that may otherwise exist in respect of any materials produced pursuant to the foregoing, including without limitation rights of inspection, approval, compensation, additional consideration or notification, and moral rights.
- Winner Selection: A random draw will be for the Prize will be selected by Samko on November 7, 2019 from all eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Official Rules.
- Winner Notification and Confirmation: Chances of winning are solely dependent upon the number of eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Official Rules. In order to be confirmed as the Prize Winner, the selected entrant must first correctly answer a time limited, mathematical skill-testing question and sign a written standard release form confirming compliance with these Official Rules, acceptance of Prize awarded and a publicity and liability release. The selected entrant will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the draw. The selected entrant will have twenty- four (24) hours from when the initial contact was made to respond. If the selected entrant: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize (as awarded) for any reason; (d) cannot be contacted as outlined above, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; and/or (e) is determined to be in violation of these Official Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Official Rules (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected eligible winner). The Prize will be delivered to the address indicated on the prize acceptance form.
- Further Entry Conditions: Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry by the Sponsor. By entering, entrants acknowledge their compliance with, and agreement to be bound by, these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions relating to this Contest (which shall be final and binding without right of appeal). If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to use multiple names, multiple identities, multiple email addresses, any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) and/or any other means not in keeping with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Official Rules to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
- For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, all incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to herein as part of the Prize description (the “Expenses”) are the sole responsibilities of the confirmed Prize Winner. The confirmed Prize Winner shall not seek reimbursement for the Expenses from Samko and Miko Toy Warehouse, and neither nor any of the other Released Parties shall in any way be responsible for any Expenses. For the avoidance of any doubt, any and all other costs associated with the Prize will be the sole and absolute responsibility of the confirmed Prize Winner. None of the Released Parties, nor any other entity, will be providing any compensation with respect to any costs associated with the Prize.
- None of the Released Parties makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the confirmed Prize Winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from either the Sponsor or any of the other Released Parties should his/her Prize fail to be fit for their purpose or are in any way unsatisfactory.
- Standard data rates apply to participants who choose to participate in the Contest via a mobile device. Please contact your service provider for pricing and service plan information and rates before mobile device participation.
- All entries and entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any entry and/or any other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the official time-keeping device(s) used by the Sponsor.
- NO ONE IS A WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL THE SPONSOR OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS HIM/HER AS THE CONFIRMED PRIZE WINNER IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES, EVEN IF SUCH PERSON IS ANNOUNCED AS A WINNER OR AN ELIGIBLE WINNER.ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE SPONSOR’S INTERPRETATION OF THE LETTER AND/OR SPIRIT OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
- The Releasees are not responsible for: (a) stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, postage-due or garbled entries, transmissions, email or mail; (b) lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, server, Internet Service Provider, website, or other connections, including those through and/or by any website; (c) jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (d) failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone systems, any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication; (e) non-delivered, misdirected, blocked, or delayed email notifications; (f) printing, typographical or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials; or (g) any other errors, problems or Samko and Miko Toy Warehouse Contest Rules difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, network, computer, telephone, mail, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Contest-related materials, or the cancellation or postponement of any event. The Releasees are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, including without limitation where caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. The Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of any website.