Free In-Store Easter Events at Samko & Miko Toy Warehouse
Looking for somewhere to take your kids for Easter activities?
Samko & Miko Toy Warehouse is hosting several events this weekend and next. All of our events are free and open to children of all ages at our two locations.
(And we’ve also got instructions for a fun Easter craft you and your kid can do at home, at the bottom of this article.)
Egg decorating over the weekend
We are hosting an Easter egg decorating activity this weekend, on both Saturday, April 13th and Sunday, April 14th.
Come in any time during our regular hours to join in the fun at the egg decoration station.
It turns out that coloring and decorating eggs has been a human tradition since before written history. When you bring your kids in for Easter egg fun, you’re tapping into a centuries-old tradition that surpasses even the first Easter celebration.
We know dyeing and decorating eggs at home can be a mess. But you still want to let your kids have fun.
So go ahead and bring them into our store. We’ll take care of cleanup.
And if you’d still like to get in on the egg decorating at home, we’ve got you covered with craft supplies.
Here are a few of the ways you can get crafty with Easter eggs:
Pick up your supplies in our store. We’ve got some of the best deals around on craft supplies.
See the Easter Bunny at Richmond Hill or Etobicoke
In addition to egg decoration time, we are having a visit from the Easter bunny at both our Richmond Hill and Etobicoke locations.
Here are the times to be at one of our stores if you’d like your child to meet the Easter Bunny:
Saturday, April 13th and Saturday, April 20th from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
Sunday, April 14th and Saturday, April 20th from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
We hope to see you and your family at one of the visits! Until then, here is a craft you can make as you and your kids prepare for Easter…
A fun Easter bunny craft for kids
This craft is quick to make, and the kids can use it during play time. You’ll need to handle the hot glue gun yourself, or enlist older kids to help with that part. But most kids should be able to do the drawing, decorating, and cutting.
If you have a craft kit, you’ve probably even got most of the items on hand already.
Easter bunny nose
This bunny nose on a stick allows kids to make believe that they are a bunny hopping around with whiskers. Here’s what you need.
- 1 craft stick, tongue depressor, or popsicle stick
- 1 small pink pom pom
- 2 medium white pom poms (or cotton balls)
- White pipe cleaners
- A piece of plain white paper (like construction paper or card stock)
- Hot glue gun with glue
What to do:
- Using markers, decorate the craft stick.
- Using a black marker, draw two rabbit teeth on the piece of white paper.
- Cut out the teeth, keeping them attached to each other rather than separate teeth.
- Cut several of the pipe cleaners to be about the length of whiskers.
- Using the glue gun, glue the pipe cleaner whiskers to the top of the stick, sticking out to each side, at various angles.
- Glue the two white pom poms or cotton balls over the whiskers to make the bunny mouth.
- Glue the pink pom pom above the white ones, in the center, to make the nose.
- Glue the paper bunny teeth below the white pom poms.
Now let the glue cool, and your kid is ready to play.
If you’re looking for craft materials to get started on this project, you can find craft kits at Samko & Miko store locations and at our toy store online.